Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Flower Children - Elizabeth Gordon 1910

Let me introduce you to a charming book, Flower Children - The Little Cousins of the Field and Garden by Elizabeth Gordon, Drawings by M.T. Ross and Published by P.F. Volland & Company in 1910 - my edition is the Fifty-Sixth Edition. And you can see why it would have been printed so many times.
"In preparing this book the author and the artist have attempted to show the kinship of children and flowers, and it is their hope that the little ones into whose hands this volume comes will find herein the proof that their knowledge of what flowers really are is true and that their love for the friendly blossoms is returned many-fold."




5 comments:

  1. Super cute! What a sweet little book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom had this book and I remember looking at it as a child. I recently found it at her home. I always loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been looking for this book! When I was a little girl it was given to me by a friend of our family. I have dreamed of finding it again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have this book. Contact me at tracylbarrett@msn.com if you are still looking for it....

      Delete