Monday, July 25, 2011

Modern Home Sewing - 1952 - Drucella Lowrie and Sylvia Magar

This 1952 book is a little odd. It actually is two books in one, Modern Home Sewing is the cover title, but it's made up of Modern Machine Sewing by Drucella Lowrie and part two, A Complete Guide to Home Sewing by Sylvia K. Mager. My copy is missing a few front pages of Drucella's section so I am guessing a bit, but since Necchi Sewing machines are featured throughout I think they may have put these two authors together. In any case it was a great idea, this little paperback book has tons of great stuff for us to see, stick around.





5 comments:

  1. great post....more interesting to me than you know....it certainly has helped me date a couple of items

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I just bought a huge lot of vintage patterns from ebay and this book was included. I'll see if the front pages are there. Maybe scan them and email to you???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see the "title" page for the first book, so I can see who published it ect. Sort of odd how it's 'two-in-one' isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I have that one! Found it a few years ago at a thrift shop in a little town where we were entertaining at a fair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a copy of this book autographed by Drucella Lowrie and dated 8/15/57

    ReplyDelete